The Society for Pediatric Pathology established the Resident Recruitment Award to encourage
residents to consider a career in pediatric pathology.
To identify interested candidates and involve them in the SPP through the Fall Meeting of the Society
and its publications.
Nature of the Award (three awards will be given in 2013):
- travel, registration, and lodging expenses to attend the 2013 Fall SPP Meeting in Salt Lake City, UT (September 26-29, 2013).
- poster presentation of award-winning submission
- lunch with "Legends in Pediatric Pathology" (lunch at the Fall SPP Meeting with well-known pediatric
An applicant must be a resident in an ACGME-approved Anatomic or Clinical Pathology program as of
August 1, 2013. Prior recipients of this award are not eligible.
All applications must consist of a one page (additional pages will be discarded) review of an original paper published in the peer-reviewed literature and pertinent to the field of pediatric or perinatal pathology. The winner will be selected based on the applicant's understanding of the paper's findings, limitations, and diagnostic and/or therapeutic relevance. The review should highlight unique aspects of pediatric pathology exemplified by the paper, and how these relate to the applicant's training/career goals.
A complete application should include:
- The single-page entry (4 copies).
- A letter of support from the applicant's Residency Director to confirm the applicant will be a resident
in Anatomic or Clinical Pathology in the 2013-2014 academic year and that he/she would be allowed to attend
the meeting, if selected.
- A cover letter that indicates the resident's name, address, email address, phone number, residency
program, and year of residency. Also please indicate whether or not your contact information can be
distributed to Pediatric Pathology fellowship programs.
Complete applications must be received no later than July 31, 2013.
They will be judged by the members of the Distinctions and Awards Committee. Awardees will be notified
by August 30, 2013.
Applications should be mailed to:
Society for Pediatric Pathology
3643 Walton Way Extension
Augusta, GA 30909
Submission Deadline: Tuesday, July 31, 2013