Calendar of Events
SPP Fall Virtual Meeting
October 22-25, 2020
SPP Spring Virtual Meeting
March 12-14, 2021
Perinatal Pathology Course - Rescheduled!
April 9-11, 2021
SPP 2021 Fall Meeting
October 19 -24, 2021, Portland, Oregon, USA
2022 Spring Meeting
March 16-21, 2022, Los Angeles, California, USA
Editorial TeamDr. David Parham, Editor-in-Chief
Perinatal Committee UpdateMay 6, 2020
- 2022 Fall Perinatal Symposium: The needs assessment was completed by the larger Perinatal Business meeting and "The Unexplained Fetal Death" was the topic of choice for the symposium. As soon as the location is determined, we will start looking for a director and local speakers for the Symposium.
- Placenta Accreta Spectrum Disorders: The publication of the SPP task force recommendations for diagnosis and reporting is in preparation.
- Perinatal Group webpage upgrade: We are asking the members of the Society to review the Perinatal Group webpage and submit suggestions for improvement. The suggestions may be submitted directly to me.
- SPP Los Angeles meeting: The first Benirschke award was given at the meeting. Moving forward, this award will be given twice a year.
- News on NIH restrictions on research with fetal tissue: Dr. Drucilla Roberts put together a summary on this topic. The text was disseminated to the SPP members via Twitter and a link can be found in the Perinatal Section of the SPP website.
- 2020 Perinatal Pathology Spring Course in Chicago: Due to the coronavirus pandemic and the subsequent restrictions on travel and meetings, the course was postponed. The new date/time for the course is April 9-11, 2021, in Chicago, IL.
Eumenia Castro, New Chair
About the Author
Eumenia Costa Castro, MDPerinatal Committee Chair
Texas Children's Hospital
Perinatal Committee Update