June 19, 2019
Forensic Pathologist - West Tennessee Regional Forensic Center
POSITION AVAILABLE - FORENSIC PATHOLOGIST
$225,000.00 – $250,000.00 annually
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The forensic pathologist will perform functions of a medicolegal pathologist, performing post mortem examinations and associated work duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs primary functions of a forensic pathologist in accordance with industry standards to determine manner and cause of death in medical examiner cases
- Maintains all required licenses and accreditations consistent with the industry standards
- Maintains individual continuing medical education and assures compliance with licensing and certification requirements
- Assists in the training of new forensic pathologists, residents, and assists with the educational programs with participating agencies
- Reports to scenes of investigation when requested and leads investigators in the management of the investigation
- Works closely with consultants when needed for forensic pathology services such as odontology, toxicology, histology, etc.
- Provides expert testimony in criminal and civil court
- Must be able to provide reports and data in a comprehensive format
- MD or DO degree;
- Completion of a residency in anatomic and clinical pathology (preferred) or anatomic pathology and a fellowship in forensic pathology;
- Board certification in forensic pathology must be completed within 2 years of hiring;
- Must become licensed in the state of Tennessee prior to starting work.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations affecting the operation of the medical examiner’s office
- Knowledge of agency policies and procedures
- Knowledge of professional standards in forensic pathology
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of employee development sufficient to ensure organizational productivity
- Skills in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve organizational goals
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees
- Faculty appointment in the Department of Pathology with opportunities for collaborative research
- Funding for conferences travel and continuing medical education
- Health or Health Savings CDHP (with/without wellness)
- Life Insurance: Basic and Optional Term
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Optional Accidental Death Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement: 401k, 403b, and 457b
- Educational Assistance: Employee, Eligible Spouse, and Dependent
- Annual Leave, Sick Leave, Longevity Pay, and Paid Holidays
Follow the job link at www.uthsc.edu/forensic-center.
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA/V institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services.
ABOUT THE WEST TENNESSEE REGIONAL FORENSIC CENTER
The $13 million West Tennessee Regional Forensic Center (WTRFC) includes 32,000 square feet of operational space, and is located in Memphis, the second largest city in Tennessee, with a population of more than 653,000. The office is centrally located near downtown in the heart of the Medical District. The WTRFC performs approximately 1,000 autopsies per year for 13 counties west of the Tennessee River.
The center encounters a wide variety of cases, including traumatic deaths, toxicological deaths, and natural deaths. Affiliation with the University of Tennessee Health Science Center (UTHSC) Department of Pathology, Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital, and Methodist University Hospital allows consultations in many pathology subspecialties, including pediatric pathology, neuropathology, and all of the surgical pathology subspecialties, as well as access to medical microbiology and clinical chemistry.
OTHER HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
- Accredited by the National Association of Medical Examiners since 1978
- On-staff forensic anthropologist certified by the American Board of Forensic Anthropology
- Consulting odontologist certified by the American Board of Forensic Odontology
- Lodox eXero-dr (March 2018) with integrated PACS (The WTRFC will be the first facility to install the newest full-body x-ray technology)
- 8 ABMDI registered medicolegal death investigators
- 7 experienced autopsy technicians
- 4 board certified forensic pathologists
- Teaching institution with a forensic pathology fellowship program, rotating pathology residents, and a summer preceptorship program for first-year medical students
Categories: Pathologist Positions | Tags: | Posted by: JBurghardt@kellencompany.com