Calendar of Events
SPP Fall Virtual Meeting
October 22-25, 2020
SPP Spring Virtual Meeting
March 12-14, 2021
Perinatal Pathology Course is Going Virtual!
April 8-11, 2021
SPP 2021 Fall Meeting
Dates TBD, Portland, Oregon, USA
2022 Spring Meeting
March 16-21, 2022, Los Angeles, California, USA
Editorial TeamDr. David Parham, Editor-in-Chief
Call for 2021 Committee AppointmentsNovember 1, 2020
Call for 2021 Committee Appointments
Dear members of the SPP,
At this season of looking forward to new things, it’s time to consider SPP Committee appointments. This is an excellent opportunity for SPP members, new or seasoned, to contribute to the Society through volunteering your time and energy.
The terms of service, which are mostly for 4 years, begin in 2021 with the installation ceremony at the conclusion of the Spring Business Meeting. The committees typically meet one day before the Spring meeting, and many committees also meet before the Fall meeting at the discretion of the committee chair. Committee business between SPP meetings may involve conference calls and e-mails. There is an expectation that volunteers will be active participants in the committee work.
The committees for which positions may be available are the following:
- Education: which implements the educational content of our meetings and other activities such as the slide survey. It has three subcommittees: workshop; symposium; and slide survey.
- Fellowship: which deals with matters of pediatric pathology training, trainee recruitment and certification, and program accreditation.
- Finance: which handles the financial matters of the SPP.
- Informatics and Communication: which oversees the SPP website, listserv, social media presence, and archives
- Membership: which deals with matters of member eligibility, recruitment, retention, and outreach
- Perinatal: which deals with educational needs and practice matters specific to perinatal pathologists, including perinatal symposia and courses.
- Practice: which addresses issues confronting practicing pediatric pathologists and seeks ways to improve the quality of our practice.
- Publications: which oversees publication of the journal and Perspectives.
- Research and Awards: which selects abstracts for our meetings and oversees grants and awards given by the SPP.
If you would like to be considered for appointment to a Committee, please send your name and contact information to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 15, 2021.
If interested, please include the following in your letter of inquiry:
- Background experience with any committee work
- Whether or not you are practicing or in a pathology training program
- What pathology do you practice and where (i.e., practicing pediatric pathologist at CHOP)
If more than one committee appeals to you, you may list them all in order of preference. Depending on the number of volunteers, it may not be possible to place everyone who responds, but we will try to be as inclusive as possible. I look forward to hearing from all who are interested in volunteering.
Please note: if you are a current Junior member on an SPP committee, upon renewal as a Regular member, you have the option to remain on your appointed committee. Please contact Dr. Heller to indicate if you are interested in continuing your participation on your appointed committee.
Debra S. Heller, MD